Thursday, March 18, 2010

Weekly Blog Post 3/11/10

What I did:
Worked on book (20+hours)

What I accomplished/discovered/encountered:
I now feel SO much better about the direction my book is taking and how it is starting to look. In both content and design, it is starting to make a lot more sense.

I am not going to post images since there are too many pages to post, but I finally have a complete iteration of the book (even though many changes need to be made)

Today in small group we talked about using color even more than I am already using it to link the reflections together and make it easy for the reader to know which reflection is linked to which person.

I know I have a lot to do with the book in the next week or so, but I now really enjoy working on it so I am excited about it.

Today I met with Hannah, and she was so helpful (as always). We talked about many small details that need to be worked out, and she brought my attention to several things that I had looked over and missed. This gives me a good amount to work with this weekend and into next week.

I now also have to really start thinking about the cover of the book (which I want to be lines of handwriting from each reflection colaged together)

What do you think of this for the title of the book? :
Capturing Confidence: women reflecting on their elementary and middle school experiences.

My goal today in small groups for next week is to really have my book flushed out (cover, intro, intro page, etc...) and to also have a layout for how I want the wall in the gallery to look. Lot's to do!

What's Next:
-last workshop tomorrow!
-book (I want to send it to the printer by April 1st-ish or earlier)
-cover of book, intro, intro page
-presentation in gallery

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a really productive week Carly! I am happy to hear your excitement about your book. I like the title of the book, but not the tagline, "women reflecting on their elementary and middle school experiences." While it is indicative of the contents of the book, it doesn't grab my attention or entice me to look further. Capturing Confidence expresses the positivity that has been reached by these women. Maybe the tagline should indicate the negative situation or feelings they had to overcome. Let me know if you need help brainstorming.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete