Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weekly Blog Post 1/22/10

What I did:
I feel I have been really productive lately and moving towards the right direction...
-re-designed and developed website (still working on this)- 8 hours
-worked on possible pages for book (+taking photos)- 5 hours
-met with Cathy McCready (Girl Scout Troop Leader)- 1 hour
-met with Sandra Michalik- 30 minutes
-continuing the process of collecting from women my age

What I discovered/accomplished/encountered:
-Take a look at my new website:
web.mac.com/carly9188
- I still need to develop this: in critique we talked about making the home page clearer and more direct, and also with Chris Pullman we talked about making it clear what adjective you are looking at on every page. I need to work on this- it takes a lot more time than I thought, however.

-I also have been developing page ideas for my book. With Chris Pullman and Hannah today we talked about how I need to have a clearer idea for this book and really know what I want to be in it. I cannot just be reliant on the responses/images I receive. I agree with this and for next critique I am hoping to have a more clear, succinct layout for the book as a whole. Chris also suggested taking more casual looking photographs and having them look less "design like." I need to work on this. He also talked about perhaps pairing the handwriting with pull-quotes from the reflection in typography. We talked about line breaks, etc... These are all really good things to think about. Chris was a great resource and asked really interesting questions.

Chris also suggested adding names to these reflections, and I think it might be interesting to also add ages. Additionally, he talked about including the quality of the paper that the reflection was written on (like in the one with the playground image).









On another note, I am really excited because next week I will be meeting with one of the Girl Scout Troops to introduce the project to them (on tuesday) and then on thursday, I will be meeting with the 5th grade group at King Elementary to lead a workshop. I am now trying to figure out how I will be able to record this in good quality so that I can perhaps use some of the clips that come from it. I am really excited to hear what these girls were thinking when they took their photos and for conversation to come from the photos. I am then going to meet again and lead a workshop with the Girl Scout Troop (20 6th-8th grade girls) on March 9th.

What's next:
-Work on book! Come up with definitive plan for it- create writing for a possible introduction, take photographs, work on layout and typography
-Go to Girl Scout Troop on Tuesday
-Go to King Elementary on Thursday
-Continue collecting reflections



No comments:

Post a Comment