Met with Hannah and Orli and presented various activities to them. This was very helpful, and definitely put my activities into perspective.
Created a document to send to Hannah for her to do the activity with her daughters
Began to explore iweb
What I discovered/encountered:

-I learned from Orli that I cannot make the activities as intimidating as I was making them, and need to be a bit more ambiguous. I also need to include positive words along with words like lonely and scared.

I want to use an image like this to perhaps get the girls to start thinking about how they can photograph these adjectives.
After this activity, I would like to meet with the girls again. I would print the best photo from each adjective and discuss them in the group. I will then go into the exquisite corpse exercise and will use one of the girl's photographs to start the story. Each girl will take a line after, and they will then illustrate the pages of the book.
What to do next:
-Collect the photographs that I have gathered from the people that I gave the assignment to.
-Work with iweb to create a website to display the images and create an interactive aspect for the girls.
-continue working on journal and making it more positive
Carly,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you got some good input. When will you be able to collect photographs? How many girls? How much will you be working with the girls in person? For example, did you introduce the activity in person? Does is matter if the girls haven't experienced bullying directly?
Look forward to hearing more, and hopefully talking this week.
-stephanie